Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Keep the Promise...

Onto another subject..."Keep the Promise"
This is a saying that the minister said at my brothers wedding last weekend. It has stuck in my mind since then. He was talking about how it is so easy for couples to get caught up in the everyday, and forget about the promises they made on their wedding day. He told my new sister in law that if my brother ever forgets, all she needs to say is "Keep the Promise"...and he can say it to her too! Promise to love, honor, cherish, respect,and so on. We have both always kept the promise, even after 21 years together, but it helped me realize that I tend to put the kids and other stuff in front of our relationship. Spending last week together reminded me so much about why I love my hubby, and how he makes it so easy to keep the promise. I truly am blessed~

No comments: